Friday, September 3, 2010

When I Took Ballet "Splits" Meant Something Else Entirely...

Check out these splits from last night's run by someone who's accustomed to taking walking breaks and is generally happy to be around a 12 minute/mile pace:

Mile 1 = 10:58
Mile 2 = 22:00
Mile 3 = 33:03
Mile 4 = 44:02
Mile 5 = 54:45

How did I manage that?!?

1. I bailed on both my Monday and Wednesday runs [too dang hot!!] so I
    a. was well rested and
    b. felt obligated to get in a good run

2. I ran inside the (somewhat) air-conditioned Rec Center on a nice smooooooooth track

3. I listened to ABBA's  "The Name of the Game" nonstop on my Mp3.  I'm getting really sick of it, but it works perfectly for me.


How do I feel today?

Pretty darn good!  I have one little niggling ache in a muscle that must be the one that propelled me around those 200 turns (50 laps x 4 "corners").  I think my personal trainer will be pleased to learn it's in my butt (inside, lower, right cheek...can you tell I was turning left?!?), since he loves to kick it so.

1 comment:

  1. at first, I thought you meant that mile 2 took you 22 minutes and mile 3 took 33, etc, and I could not figure out how it could have taken you 44 minutes to go one mile. maybe if you were crawling? then I realized what you meant (I'm a little sleepy, okay?) and I thought GOOOOOO NANCY! You were cruising! So proud of you! What is the countdown???

    xo

    ReplyDelete