Saturday, September 4, 2010

TWO WEEKS TO GO!!!

Our official countdown calendar now reads:

2
WEEKS
or
14
DAYS

until Alan and Nancy run
the MDI Half Marathon

So many exclamations come to mind, but few are fit to post.  I waffle between butterflies-in-the-stomach and too tired to think.

I've been talking, blogging, thinking, planning, obsessing about this for so long I almost don't want to talk about it any more (and that's saying a lot!).   Mentally, I am ready to taper, but I have another week of real training to go.  I need a good long run this weekend, hopefully today, hopefully as much as 10 miles.  I was totally psyched to run in the rain, but we've been doing some major reorganizing today and at some point *pouf!* the sun came out and I realized I had missed my chance.  Darn.

It was soooooo nice to lounge in bed this morning listening to the rain and feeling a breeze come in through the open windows, the overhead fan on, and the A/C off....aaaaaah.  Thank you, Earl!


1 comment:

  1. Hey Nancy, your last post is missing... I can see it in my reader but when I come to your blog it's not there...
    Hope your hip feels better.

    ReplyDelete