Monday, September 13, 2010

Ick Factor Update

While I'm definitely not 100%, I am feeling soooooooo much better than I was a week ago. 
And that's saying a lot.

I've had such a miserable, painful ordeal, that it was a bit of a surprise for me to realize just how much of an ick factor people associate with Shingles.  A couple people at work (I stopped in for a whole hour today) were kind of inclined to steer clear out of fear of contagion, which I totally understand, but I'm safe, I promise.  And mum set up a nail appointment for me and the gal called, having consulted her own doctor, with some questions regarding the status of my sores.  Again, I understand, it just never occurred to me that anyone would go out putting people at risk if they were actively "oozing" to use her word.  Do hideously contagious people really go out and get their nails done?!?  Anyway, I guess I can enjoy the advantages of not having the things on your face, although there are certain disctinct disadvantages to having them on your hind quarters.

But I'll stop there, in acknowledgement of the ick factor.  That, and I need to stand up for a while.  Ahem!

So, thanks for all the well wishes.  I'm really on my way back, and I'm still hoping (or rather, I have hope once again) that I will make it to that starting line on Saturday.  Oh yeah, and the finish line, too!!

PS: If I sound a little loopy, it's the meds.  I can't drive, but I think I can manage to throw some spaghetti on to boil...

1 comment: