Sunday, June 13, 2010

Race Report: MDI Fun Run 06-12-10

Jeremy, Madeline & James ready to run:
At the starting line:
And they're off!
James coming in to the home stretch:
Madeline looking strong:
Gumpy running alongside Jeremy near the finish:
Three tired kids:

Madeline's Comments:
It's a lot harder running outside than running on the Rec Center track. I'm really glad I decided to do this, and actually start running because it's going to help me get into shape a lot.  I love my bib number (22) because 2 is my favorite number. It made me feel really good to hear my entire family ringing cowbells for me and my mom cheering me on next to someone who was pointing the way to go.

Jeremy's Comments:
I really liked running that. I liked it when Mommy ran with me the last bit. I really liked that Nana Mary got me some candies.

James' Comments:
I felt really great when I came into the home stretch and I really liked it how Mommy cheered me on at the beginning of that.  I was also really happy that I got a prize: it was a mix between a frisbee and a boomerang.


OFFICIAL STATS:

Place-Div/Tot-Sex-No.-Name--------------Age-S--Town St----1m

26      2/2       15    21   James Marks        12    M  Orono ME  10:53

27      3/3       12    22   Madeline Marks   10    F    Orono ME  11:21
 
44      7/8       28    23   Jeremy Marks       6     M   Orono ME  13:15
 
There were 52 kids in the run.  James lucked into an age-group award because the person who placed second overall was in his group.

No comments:

Post a Comment