Saturday, January 16, 2010

Dinner, Biggest Loser Style

Since the whole family is now obsessed with the show, I went out and bought the Biggest Loser Family Cookbook. It appears to be a nice assortment of not-so-bad-for-you foods prepared in appealing and healthful ways--not too gourmet, but also not totally fat-, salt-, sugar- or taste-free.

For our inaugural meal, I made "Contemporary Peppered Chopped Steak". Not only did it look remarkably like the photo in the book, but James, Madeline and I all thought it tasted GREAT (and Yes, we had green stuff with it, too, in addition to the brown rice on the plate).


I'm notorious for altering recipes even as I try them out for the first time, but I managed to keep myself in check this time. My only substitution was to use cranberry-pommegranate juice instead of grape. It's what we've been drinking lately, and I think it was brilliant.

Meanwhile, Alan had a regular burger and made a miniature one for Jeremy (that's not really a lot of ketchup, it's just a very tiny patty and a trimmed-down slice of cheese!)...



...which he apparently loved looking at so much that he hardly ate any of it.
He's been sick, though, so I'll give him a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment