Monday, February 15, 2010

First Mile[stone]

Today I ran ONE WHOLE MILE--ten laps around the track, consecutively!!!

My first mile ever.

Before today, the most I'd run in one stretch was two laps.

I think I was inspired because I ran into Emilie & Co. on the way in to the Rec Center.
I was so proud of myself afterward that I considered showing up on the pool deck and shouting "Hey Emilie, I ran my first mile!" but I thought this might be embarassing for everyone involved (after all, I work here...) so I took a shower instead and skipped across the street and back to my office feeling really good about myself.

8-)

1 comment:

  1. I just posted a comment and then it didn't show up... so, bravo! way to go! you totally should have come and shouted to the whole pool area! what a gorgeous place. i wish i could work out there too! (p.s. why is your counter counting to the vermont city marathon?)

    ReplyDelete