Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Girl Who Cried Promotion

The bad news for the Boy Who Cried Wolf was that eventually there really was a wolf.
Happily, for me, the good news is that eventually there really was a a promotion.

That's right, folks, the long-awaited title change showed up in the UMS payroll system yesterday! I did a lot of silent rejoicing while hiding behind my desk because no announcement had as yet been made to my co-workers, Alan sent me a dozen white roses (which observers could attribute to the certification news from Monday), and I arrived home to wonderful homemade cards from the kids featuring pictures of me eating cake and saying "Yaaaaaaaaay!" [alas, no actual cake].

And then today, a formal e-mail announcement was issued and more flowers arrived (from Mum & Dad and Helen, my "Soule supporters") and now not only is it real, but it's also public which is AWESOME!

Thanks to everyone who patiently listened to my tales and frustrations and hopeful assurances that "it's close...really this time...I think....maybe".

Sign me,
~Finance and Adminstration Coordinator

No comments:

Post a Comment