Sunday, October 16, 2011

Why Not Have Pie for Breakfast?

Nana Mary brought us two big bags of apples a while back, and yesterday, I finally got around to making an apple pie with help from Jeremy and Madeline (James is in Boston with the Boy Scouts).  I peeled the apples, Jeremy operated the corer-slicer gadget, and Madeline mixed the spices.  We used a Betty Crocker pie crust mix with Asiago cheese added in. We also added raspberries and blackberries to our filling.  
We cut heart shapes in the top crust and slathered it with cream with cinnamon and nutmeg.  It was beautiful!  But I forgot to take a picture before I wrapped it in 3 layers of plastic wrap.  Oops.  
It is now in the freezer and ready to go to Vermont to be baked for Thanksgiving.

We were pretty enthusiastic and had lots of apple filling leftover.
So, this morning I thought, Why NOT have pie for breakfast?!
I used a smaller crock to bake our mini deep-dish pie.  


I experimented with the crust: Bisquick, butter, water and Asiago.


We repeated yesterday's decorating scheme.  It came out even more beautiful than the first one...


...and tastes delicious with tangy frozen yogurt!


Yummmm........!

No comments:

Post a Comment