Sunday, October 16, 2011

And Now For Something Completely Different


I have a whole series of these but this is the best one.  I was driving [yes, driving] down Stillwater Avenue from Bangor to Orono.   At times I could see the entire arch of the rainbow, doubled at both ends.  To the right the sun was brilliantly illuminating the early fall foliage.  To the left the sky was a deep grey.  By the time I snapped the next picture there was hail hitting the windshield.  I thought it was freakin' amazing and kept taking pictures with my phone out the windshield, out my window, through the passenger window... When I arrived at soccer practice to pick up Jeremy there were some other opinions on the matter.  Practice had been abruptly abandoned so the team could seek shelter inside the school and several seven-year-olds were convinced they were near frostbite.  Drama!

No comments:

Post a Comment