Saturday, August 14, 2010

Training Update

Announcing Nancy's latest personal distance record:
7 miles
I did 3.5 on the field house track (that's just a little under 26 laps because 7 1/3 laps = 1 mile [whose brilliant design idea was that?!?]) and then ducked out the back door, between the athletic fields, across the bike path and onto university forest trails which took me behind the rec center, around the corn field, onto Park St and then home.

The whole thing took me 1:34:21 which included a 6:20 trip across the field house and usage of the ladies room after mile 3.  If you take out the pee break, then my pace was 12:34 which means I didn't take very many walking breaks and makes me perfectly happy.

I saw three deer along the way, which seems to be the standard number for my evening trail runs.

At the beginning of my run, the kids ran too (some more than others) and, as I type (trying to cool off enough to go take a shower), my own personal Mr. Incredible is working on another 10 mile feat. Yay Marks family!

Oh yes, and another newbie accomplishment:
I placed an order on RunningWarehouse.com
I am so a real runner, now!

Sugoi 3/4 sleeve top









THIS JUST IN-

Alan, having left me a note that read "Planning 10 miles, but we'll see." just arrived home sweaty and sore (and a half hour late--good thing I was too busy blogging to worry) and annouced that
he just ran a Half Marathon! 
My initial reaction was one of jealousy (for which I apologize), but I'm really, really proud of him.  The kids all said "Yay Daddy!" and gave him fist bumps and said "ew...even your knuckles are sweaty" and were sent to bed. 

Tomorrow:  Belgrade Lakes to visit a friend from choir 30 years ago.

4 comments:

  1. I was JUST thinking about you tonight and wondering how it was going. 7 miles is AWESOME. And your pace is AWESOME. I'm so proud of you! I can't wait to watch you cross the finish line next month. Way to go Alan... what an overachiever!

    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's Great!! wow 7 miles way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete