Thursday, December 3, 2009

Giving Thanks

Thanksgiving was as busy as ever at the Marks house cumulating in a feast for 18:







I didn't participate in the Turkey Trek, but Mum & Dad and I got up early to deliver our canned goods and see the trekkers off:




The rest of the day was filled with friends, family, food and only one minor car accident in our driveway.

I tortured my guests with the killer Talking Turkey vocabulary quiz AND (new this year) a trivia quiz (fill in the blank for the adults and multiple choice for the kids). We were too disorganized to actually figure out who got the most right. The best score I heard on the vocab was 10 out of 26, though (I told you it was killer).

My favorite baking project was my apple-berry pie with a leafy pie-crust design over apples, raspberries and blackberries:


My favorite art project was our copper wire Thanksgiving Trees and pressed-penny leaves. Guests were asked to hang leaves on the trees to represent the things for which they are most thankful. They made beautiful, meaningful center pieces and were 100% recycled!


We spent the next couple days relaxing and recovering with our house guests, Nancy's college roommate (who came home with her for T-day freshman year at Mt. Holyoke and hasn't stopped since), husband "Technology Man", and their adorable children:





I am thankful for a home and a heart filled with friends and family, love and laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment