Wednesday, November 18, 2009

CHEESE. APPETIZERS.

If you know me AT ALL, then you know that those are two of my most favorite food words. Put them together and you've got the largest section of my personal cook book, not to mention an easy Jeopardy clue.



Contestant: I'll take Nancy's Culinary Habits for 500, Alex.

Alex Trebek: Nancy will most likely be baking this when company arrives at her home.

Contestant: What are Cheese Straws?

Alex: That's correct!...



And I've discovered a new one. Believe it or not, I found this recipe on the Sam's Club website [insert a Scooby Doo "huh?!?" here] over a year ago, but never tried it 'til last weekend. The best part is ZERO PREP. We're talking five minutes from fridge to face, folks!!



Parmesan Wafers


--Put little piles (1 to 2 tsp) of shredded (not grated) parmesan cheese on a baking sheet about 2 inches apart.

--Add a snip of fresh herbs like basil or tarragon to each, or a sprinkling of dried ones.

--Bake at 350 for 3-4 minutes until melted and golden.

--Eat. Smile.





We experimented a little and made some with cheddar cheese (very greasy and oddly bland), and some that were mixed parmesan and cheddar (Alan's fave--pictured on the right side of the plate). They were so good the first time I forgot to take pictures so...(shucks, darn)...we had to make more for the photo op!

No comments:

Post a Comment